For all that are voting for their candidate because of military reasons

What do you think of the results of the military times polling? They say that McCain beat Obama 68% to 23%. http://www.militarytimes.com/news/2008/10/military_poll_100508w/

What do you think of the breakdown of the poll? Do you find any of the results interesting in particular? Are they what you expected?

For those voting for Obama because you think it will "help" the military, does this change your opinion at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• My husband is in the Army we are both voting for McCain because we are republicans but also because we know McCain will take care of us. He has been in our shoes and knows what the life is like. Our men and women are underpaid and overworked, we need someone to be in the office who will take care of our nations protectors.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 9:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• No, I vote the way the polls said a while ago. The majority of people want out of the war so do I. It seems like with all the hate we have forgotton the war. I am white, but the whites are the ones that got us into this mess they had the majority of the votes. Put us in war and destroyed the economy. I am putting America first. If you don't like the black Obama vote for his other side. LOL

MaCain wants war Obama wants out of war, that's it!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• And they say that blacks aren't voting for him because of his skin color. lol sure the F looks like it. NOT SURPRISED
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Anon 948, I would like to see the poll your are talking about. I am not finding it on the military times website.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Anon at 9:48, WTH are you talking about??? "Whites got us into this mess"? You talk about us forgetting the war with all of the hate, but it's things like your comments that spread hate.

Don't call people racists because we want responsible withdrawl from Iraq. You've made it clear that you're a racist in the process.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I am Independent, and my husband is the same, but tends to agree more with Dems at times. he says "with Obama as president, our defense fund will lose $$$, and jobs will dissapear,as well as support for our military" How scary!
    dini1976

Answer by dini1976 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• THese two Questions I think state it best  in regards to military: As a military wife, I feel more confident with McCain in control in comparison to an unexperienced Obama.

Which of the candidates would do a better job as President handling the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? 74 % McCain, 19% Obama

Which of the candidates would do a better job as president handling Defense Department issues, such as weapons purchases, the size of the armed forces and national security strategy?          77% McCain 15% Obama

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• polls don't mean anything to me.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:23 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• We are military, but that isn't the only reason we are voting for John McCain, we like his VP choice, we like what he stands for and what he has done and the fact he has served our country for so many years and so well is only one reason we're going to put our vote where the track record is instead of where the the bluesky is.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 11:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My husband is a 34 year veteran and we trust McCain's judgement. He knows the military's needs and the dangers of what lies out there. There are people trying to kill us and everyone who goes against their religion is a target. They don't think like we do. They are animals. Also McCain knows the ins and outs of Washington and can work with both sides.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2008