Did your milk come back in after not breastfeeding for months?

My daughter is 11 months old and has not bf for about 9 months. This last week my I have been sore and have noticed some leaking. I took a preganancy test but it came back negative. I just wonder if this has happened to any one else.

mommy2charli

Asked by mommy2charli at 9:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, this happened to me, too. It was about 11 months since I had last nursed. I saw the doctor and she told me this happens from time to time. If it's a LOT of milk, though, blood tests are in order.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 11:02 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My milk has never gone away completely from my first, even with a nine month break between my DD(my second baby) weaning and getting pregnant with my third.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 11:28 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• sometimes it takes up to 5 years for your milkto go away
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My daughter is 2 months old and is not breast fed. My milk went away within the first 2 weeks butt now its back. lol
    KaylynnsMommie2

Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Thank you all so much for your answers!
    I'll try to stop freaking out now. lol:)
    mommy2charli

Answer by mommy2charli at 3:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2008