maybe TMI....

Ok so before i had my baby i had the nicest body..seriously i was hot, but then i got pregnant and have those sexy stretch marks everyone dreads ands its taking a toll on my sex life. I wont let my SO see me naked or anything. he wants me to dress up in sexy costumes and lingerie but i cant do it. i dont feel attractive at all and to make it worse i cant even take myself seriously and pretend to be sexy...please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• Wow! I think many mom's have been here! Sometimes with having our precious children comes weight gain and stretch marks. Does that define who we are NO! If your SO still loves you and wants to be with you HOORAY!! You have a keeper girl. No one is perfect and we should love ourselves as we are,take a good look in the mirror and start getting your sexy back girl!!!
    thedies

Answer by thedies at 9:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Trust me the last thing the you SO is goin to be looking at is the stretch marks, I sure that he loves you no matter what and don't let havin a couple of marks put a strain on you sex life.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 9:36 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• if your man still wants to see you naked he still finds you HOT!! you had a baby and that is one of the most amazing and sensual things a woman's body can do-- celebrate it-- you are a woman, not a barbie doll!! if the stretch marks bother you, try applying a self tanner or bronzer all over, and use candles the first time just to feel a little more confident :)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• It takes a while to get that confidence back. I never got stretch marks, but I have ugly scars from a surgery (non preg related), and I just faked the confidence. Seeing how happy it made my SO made me feel confident. He doesn't care about a couple of scars, so neither do I (now)!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Just fake it till you make it. Pretend to have all the confidence in the world, and eventually, you will feel sexy. Put on a thong and some short shorts, and just happen to need to bend over in front of him. Works for me! Trust me, his reaction will make you feel like Jessica Alba.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Get over yourself & give your man what he wants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• You will have to come to a place in your self-esteem where you let go of the image you used to have of yourself and learn again to love your body as you are. It's a sense of loss you are going through saying goodbye to your pre-mom body. Your self-image and how you valued yourself was probably wrapped up quite a bit in that view of yourself. Probably in high school you got a lot of attention for it. You were probably the hottest girl at the pool in a bathing suit. Everyone has to go through letting go of our youth. We don't stay the same forever. We get older. We become parents. We experience more and more of life as the years go by. You will eventually get used to the "new" you and will also realize that your body is still pretty hot. Just not the way it used to be. Different but still beautiful.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2008