family time

how do you juggle all the familys at thanksgiving and x-mas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• We trade off who we visit for Thanksgiving each year. For Christmas, we do my family on Christmas Eve, my in-laws plan a get-together at some point around Christmas, and we spend Christmas Day with just our little family.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:48 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• we do one family for thanksgiving and the other for xmas and vice versa next year and we switch off every year. So far no complaints on either side
    JrSmOm2005

Answer by JrSmOm2005 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• we visit the inlaws either right before thanksgiving or in january. I host thanksgiving usually but it is just my parents my family and maybe a niece or nephew. christmas eve everyone who lives close goes to church and to my parents house for desert and grandma and grandpa gifts. christmas we are each with our families my folks only live a few blocks away so they come over for brunch. my extended family gets together the saturday after christmas. we have a potluck type dinner and exchange gifts with the kids and play games, as you get older it gets easier. I remember when we were first married it seemed like all we did was run at the holidays. picking a set day to get together really helped our family and chosing one after the actual holiday make the stress decrease sooo much.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• both parents and inlaws live somewhat close so we visit both for both, we have both grandmothers at my parents house too.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• We wont celebrate Thanksgiving (living in germany). But on christmas we will spend christmas eve at my parents house with big dinner and lots of gifts :D And on christmas day they will show up at our house... lots of gifts in the morning and i will make a huge dinner for the whole family :)

It actually will be the first time we're inviting the family over to our house.. Im excited and nervous about it :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Make it so every body comes over to one persons house for thanksgiving,and somebodies elses house for xmas. That way no hoping all over the place.

Answer by louise2 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'm tired of going here and there and everywhere! I'm having Thanksgiving for my family, in my dining room, on my china (which has never been used). We are inviting one person, my MIL, because she has no one else. If someone isn't happy with it, I'm not going to worry because I AM HAPPY WITH IT, and the kids don't care!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• we live like 3 hours from any of our family but we do thanksgiving lunch with my family and dinner with his and christmas eve we do my family at lunch and DH family in the evening then drive our 3 hours home and christmas day is for the two of us at our home.
    MarksGurl

Answer by MarksGurl at 10:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My hubby is gone alot on the holidays, so when he's home and not deployed we have the holidays at our house for us and our kids. But when he's deployed I usually split the holidays between his family and mine. No point in staying at home when he's not here. It just makes the house feel empty without him. Thankfully he's here this year for both Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!!
    LizzyLynn

Answer by LizzyLynn at 11:17 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• well i'm 37 my husband is 43 and between us we have 5 kids we have a family so we stay at home and do our thing and if anyone from either side wants to see us or the kids they know where we live
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2008