Does this "I have never done it, but I know everything about it" attitude drive anyone else nuts?

I've seen this attitude over and over again on here... Mostly in negative ways. Parents that do THIS are simply teaching THIS... Does it not occur to people that others have their reasons for doing something or having the views they do? Why is it that people who have the least amount of experience always seem to have all the "right" opinions and information... Really? Seriously? Does this drive anyone else up a wall, or is it just me? And more than that, if you call them on it, YOUR the bitch... Seriously? AAGGHHHH!!!

**Okay, end rant**

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't blame you at all. What drives me insane is when people seem to that their opinion is the the only right one...everyone else with different views be damned.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 2:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• When I see that.. I take it for what it's worth... lol

I just giggle and move on..

But I soooo "get" your frustration..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Well by ranting like this you're really only teaching them that they're getting to you and that you're listening to them. I've never ranted like this, and I never would, but it doesn't seem like the right way to do things.

Hahaha! Just kidding :) I hope you feel better now that you got that off you're chest!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• AMEN!!! The purpose of this site is to give helpful advice and support, not to try to make everyone else believe what you do! NO mother is perfect, our kids did not come with a manual. I think it's disgusting and rude when people behave this way!
    travzmom

Answer by travzmom at 2:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• **your

Sorry, wrong homonym.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I'm right up there with you! It even ticks me off when a certain someone goes into almost every post and tell the OP what she's doing wrong and how it should be done.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I usually answer with "When you have walked in my shoes, then you can tell me what I'm doing right or wrong. Until then don't even try.". That usually shuts them up. If not then they are usually closed minded twits that need to be fed to the sharks.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yes i have... just move right along don't let it get to me it all a bunch of noise anyway
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 4:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I agree with this---I don't blame you at all. What drives me insane is when people seem to that their opinion is the the only right one...everyone else with different views be damned.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:06 AM on Sep. 26, 2010