I think my 7yr old daughter has vitiligo

Please help, I think my 7 yr old gilor has vitiligo,facial area, nose and cheeks. She does have eczemam but never had a brekout on her face. Two years ago she developed alopcecia (hairloss) and is just finally growing all her hair back. Now i am scared we wll have to deal with this and how it will affect her self esteem. I feel so helpless. Our appt with her dermatologist is in mid november. has anyone dealt with this and is there anythign i can do? We are medium skin so it is noticeable but im scared it will get worse.

DKK2010

Asked by DKK2010 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My friend Corey has vitiligo but it's not on his face and there really isn't anything that can be done other than skin bleaching and you DON'T want to do that
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I don't think anything can be done until that visit to her dermatologist according to what I've read here. 

What Treatment Options Are Available? 

I do hope the treatments help.  GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2010