Do you like salt in your chocolate milk?

Indyk

Asked by Indyk at 2:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Starbucks has a new salted hot chocolate and I tried it awhile ago. It was pretty good!
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 3:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• eww..no...well i guess i cant really say eww..cuz ive never tried it..but thats something i will not do...why add the extra salt when ya dont need it...choc milk is perfect the way it is!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i'v never tried it. maybe i will next time i have choc milk.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Salt goes very well with chocolate- and certain types of salt add too the sweetness more than they add a salty flavor... I can see why people would do it. You can have less chocolate and more chocolate flavor by adding salt.

I've never heard of putting salt into chocolate milk until today, but adding salt to desserts and as a sweetener is far from old news... most people just do not understand the science of it. I won't be trying it though... mentally, I can't bring myself to adding anything else to my milk.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I don't know, that was new to me, in fact I never heard of that til Modern Family the other night... But since I don't allow salt in my house, it won't be something we try...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• no. never heard of that before
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yuck! I like my chocolate milk chocolately. I saw a chocolate bar with a touch of sea salt the other day, so maybe it is something that is good, but I don't like to add salt where it isn't necessary.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have never heard of someone adding salt.. I could see them adding sugar but not salt lol
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes SabrinaMBowen that's where I heard of it too. I had never heard of or thought of it before either. I agree with alexis_06 that choc milk is perfect the way it is, and we aren't talking about a spoonful of salt, just a pinch or shake. They say it really brings out the chocolate flavor. I want to try it, but I'm nervous I won't like it. But I will try it, cause why not make perfect even more so?!?
    Indyk

Comment by Indyk (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2010