Tell me why???

Why does a sick hubby mean two kids to take care of instead of one? When I'm sick I don't want to be around anyone. My hubby works during the day so I can't tell anyone else to take of the my kid sick or not. But my hubby gets sick and he acts like a bigger baby than my 3 yr old. Any other big baby's out there? Your thoughts?

JrSmOm2005

Asked by JrSmOm2005 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• Oh yeah got one here...Men are babies especially when they do not feel well.
    My BF is a good man, so I have no problem taking care of him...
    When I get sick he is not so attentive..and when he is not so attentive I let him know.
    Sound crazy but it is like you have to teach them things that come natural to us women.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Welcome to the world of a man. LOL..

thats how 90% of the men act when they are "sick"... all little babies. ;) I got one of them too.

I think i know only one man who isnt like that... and thats my father. hes a REAL man. haha
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i think all men are babies when they get sick, and it sucks when we get sick they act like its all fine, I end up having to do the same stuff i did when i wasnt sick. they werent kidding when they say moms dont get sick leave.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Yes all men who are in a relationship are big babies when they are sick...Act like they are dieing

Answer by louise2 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Girl we go through ALL the pain of childbirth and as soon as our hubys get sick they are big baby's!!!
    thedies

Answer by thedies at 9:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• OMGosh, my fiance is the "tough guy" Shake it off, rub dirt in it, BLAH BLAH BLAH, but when he is sick, holy crap can he whine with the best of them. Literally, I have to listen to groans all day and have to watch the SCI FI channel. He is pathetic. I feel bad he's not feeling well but I want to punch him =)
    minsern

Answer by minsern at 10:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Men revert back to infants I think when they are sick. They are also big on self preservation, so that means they will tune out a kid choking or sticking a fork in an electrical socket two feet from them. When my dh is sick, I send him to the bedroom with a "sick basket"-- a LARGE bottle of water, the remote, cough drops, nyquil (please God let him drink it and pass out), kleenex, and some snacks like granola bars. My hope is that he doesn't whine to me all day. I know that sounds bitchy, but I got pneumonia in January and was sick for a week. He caught a cold and acted like he was too incapacitated to help. I called his sister and for the first time ever asked her to come and get my kids, as I truly couldn't care for them. I lost ten pounds because I couldn't get up to eat. So, my dh gets NO sympathy when he is sick, since I got none when I needed him.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 10:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• When mine's sick, the whole house needs to be quiet, and he gets to just lay there on the couch and be miserable. When I'm sick, I've got to just suck it up, come in to work, and take care of the kids. (I work for him, and bring our son with me everyday) If we're at home, I get to nap...as long as the baby's sleeping! I want to punch mine, too!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Some men, just honestly don't get it. I kept telling my huisband that my kindey was hurting. He didn't seem to care. During my ultrasound with my 3rd child they found that my kidney has reflux and was severly swollen and inflamed. The doctor emediatly perscribe pain killers and said "how have you been able to function while in this much pain", I said I just had no other options, life keeps going even if I dont Then My husband looked at me ans said "why didn't you tell me you were in pain!!" All I could do was roll my eyes and shake my head. Some times I really think that my hsuband has to have things spelled out in kindergarden formant to get it!!
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Even when my husband gets sick he is a big ol baby he gets that from his dad. My dad you almost have to strap him down when he is sick because he is like if It wont kill me or you get over it and move on hahahaha!
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 21, 2008