How do you juggle jobs and babies?

mayflower09

Asked by mayflower09 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• It wasn't easy.. lol

I worked until my son was 10.

There were times my husband and I worked opposite of one another. There were times where I worked weekdays (due to the nature of my career) and he worked weekends.

Working and juggling babies isn't easy. But eventually we found our "groove" and managed to survive it all.. LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It's the toughest think I've ever done. It takes a lot of focus, organization, and stamina (oh, and sacrificing sleep....). If you're stressing over it, sit down, exhale, and take one day at a time. We all get through it. One thing I have learned though, if the dishes get done, great. If not, fine. Same thing with laundry, vacuuming, housecleaning, etc.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• thing, not think. sorry.
    DMac08

• ROUTINE ROUTINE ROUTINE When I taught, I got up at 5:30, DH at 5:00. He did his thing, then let me in the bathroom to do mine. He woke DD at 5:45 and dressed her up, and watched a TV show with her. We all went downstairs by 6, and gave her breakfast and I fixed her hair. We were out the door by 6:30. She got to daycare by 7:30- I went to work, and picked her up by 4:00. DH and I both got home between 5 and 5:30- did dinner, bath time, and had a good hour to hour and a half of playtime with DD before she went to bed. After she was in bed I showered, relaxed to a few TV shows, graded papers, etc. We always had fun or relaxing Saturdays and Sundays with DD too. As a teacher I had holidays and summers off too. NOW I am home this year with DD and the new baby. :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My husband & I worked opposite days, the days we couldn't-there were 2, my sister watched our children.

mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 8:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2010