• In the Spotlight:

would you buy your 8 y/o son an easybake oven for christmas??

just looking for some thoughts.....

collegemom27

Asked by collegemom27 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• of course! how fun!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:48 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Of course. Why not?!

I just talked about those ovens with my husband yesterday, because we bought our daughter a play-kitchen/grocery-store for christmas. (she will be 18months by then)...

But sure, if I would have a son I would buy one for him. Men need to learn how to make cookies :D

yummy!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• did he ask for it? nothing wrong with a man that can cook.....it'll come in handy one day. just imagine, he's on his own cooking show and on the pilot says."when i was 8..."
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Cooking is not just for girls,,,Yes I would if he asked for one,,,he might turn out to be a great chef one day..or just a good cook

Answer by louise2 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I agree with everyone! We need more men that can cook! Lol!!
    thedies

Answer by thedies at 9:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• you know they have ones for boys where they make ooey gooey spiders & stuff...just a thought
    seoulmom

Answer by seoulmom at 9:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Most of the greatest Chefs out there are men, I would go for it, and I agree with thedies there are boy ones out there.

Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 9:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Yes!!! And I have one here that my DS loves to cook with....of course my DD does too. They are 6 and 7 and it was a TOGETHER gift for last years Christmas. DS is the one that asked for it, and DD chimed in that she wanted it too..... so grandma and grandpa bought them one that they can share!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i see no problem with it. growing up my brother had a "my buddy" doll. kids play with toys because of what they like to play with, they don't know the difference between boy toys and girl toys untill we as the parents start infulencing them.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• There USED to be boy ones....there isn't on any more. My parents looked and looked and made phone calls... One they got is just white and black with a small small amount of pink. It was the best they could do..... They said it was better that then the ALL pink one!! That's why they got 1 for my kids to share, other wise I would have 1 for each one! One BOY one and one Girl one....but they don't make boy ones anymore....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2008