Do you show your husband respect?

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes because love and respect go together.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yes, and he shows it back.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Of course.

Having and showing respect for one another is very important in my marriage.. Being married 25 years, we learned the hard way many years ago. That NOT showing those things on a regular basis, and just taking it for granted assuming that the other just "knows" how we feel.. Was a recipe for disaster for our relationship.

We learned the hard way, don't assume they know, don't take it for granted, and always show these feelings to one another, so that the other always knows where we stand and how we feel.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I try. I am very much the one who wears the pants. I can't help it... I'm just a type A personality. But along with that I really have to make a point to allow him to be the man and a partner. Did you see date night? When he would ask to do something and she just said she would do it rather than trust him to do it? That is me if I'm not careful. I really have to make a point to trust that he can handle it. And along with that... recognise it and say ACTUALLY say thank you rather than assuming its implied. Same thing with the work he does outside. I really make a point to comment and aknowledge whta he does. Everybody likes to fee appriciated.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yes
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes, but it's mutual.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Of coarse I do
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes just as much as he shows me... Thats what being in a marrage is about respecting each other.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I think so... I just asked him if he thinks that I respect him and he said, "I have no idea what that even means." lol We are friends, we treat each other with love and compassion and I do believe respect. He is the most important grown up person in my life- and I'll do whatever it takes to make him happy- and he does with me. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I sure do!
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2010