im about 16 weeks pregnant...but i feel like most of what is "showing" is just fat...is that normal?

Im a little overweight...but i havent gained alot while being pregnant..

stacia1026

Asked by stacia1026 at 7:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Even when I thought I was showing, no one else saw it. Yes its normal to not show at 16 weeks. My friend didn't show until 19. And even then it was a tiny bump.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 8:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Yes, this is normal. I didn't show at 16 weeks. I only felt a little chubby and have trouble buttoning my pants. Then one day (probably around 20 or 22 weeks) a belly popped out making it obvious that I was pregnant.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 8:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• If this is not your first child your body just knows what to do and is already setting up house and expanding just like my body is doing at this moment as well. Don't worry about it you are completely normal. :-) Congrats
    aimhighschool

Answer by aimhighschool at 9:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Don't worry hun, all pregnant women go through that "chubby" stage! But give just a couple more months and that baby belly will be unmistakable.....keep your head up!
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• yeah give it time b/c once u get near the end belive me u well show i'm 32 weeks and i'm ready to have her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Totally normal. I remember I could not wait until people starting asking when I was due. Get yourself a couple maternity tops and pants so you will grow into, quickly if I remember correctly. "your not fat just pregnant!"
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 10:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Yeah, that's normal. I'm almost 27 weeks, and my bump is still pretty soft. You will start to have a more defined "bump" within the next few weeks. Go ahead and start wearing some maternity shirts... that'll make it look more "real". :)
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Im in the same boat you are. I am 15 weeks and i feel as though what i have is just fat. Its harder than the rest though.
    SpiffyMom

Answer by SpiffyMom at 7:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• IM 18WEEKS AND I JUST FEEL LIKE IM JUST LOKING FAT TOO. I UNDERSTAND YOU!! HAHA! ~KAY :)
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 9:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2008