What are your thought's on Abortions?

A good friend of mine is going through because she is unable to concieve.Another one of our distant friends uses abortions as a contraceptive! If she gets pregnant she has an aborton! To date I think she has had 5!!!! I understand womens rights, I am a women. But do you believe that some women go overboard? Be honest?

thedies

Asked by thedies at 9:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think an abortion is "ok", when the womans life is depending on it. Other than that I like to judge people for being stupid because they dont know how to use protection.

Call me an asshole, but some women should better get an abortion, than bringing an innocent life in -their- shitty life. There are women on drugs who really shouldnt get pregnant, because i consider taking drugs during pregnancy child abuse.

My mom had an abortion a couple years ago, she would have died if not. She is not allowed to take the BC pill or anything else that will change her hormons (she had really bad cancer twice). So they only used condoms and it probably broke. They have been sad about the abortion they would have loved to have a 3rd baby, but my mothers life was more important.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Oh and my mom couldnt use the ring and whatever else you can get for protection, she got infections from it. Jus wanted to make that clear, before someone says I'm judging my own mother.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't know where I said as far as pro-life, pro-choice, my husband and I have just recently had this conversation. I think that I stand more pro-life, but feel that I can't not because when I was 18 I had an abortion. My mother talked me into it. It is something to this day that I have not forgiven myself for. I know how old my child would have been if I would have kept him/her. Looking at things now I know that my life wouldn't have been much different if I would have chosen to keep my child. This is the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life. I don't understand how any woman can do this time and time again as a form of birth control. I think it is horrible. Knowing what I have gone through for the last 18 years I would strongly advise woman not to have an abortion especially as a means of birth control.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I beleive in abortions...I believe people,,not just women should have the right to choose what they want to do.

Answer by louise2 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i think abortion is wrong...unless your life is in danger, you have been raped or its incest,i myself had an abortion at 14 but i was raped and to me i didnt think it was fair to raise a child and have him or her grow up and find out she was from a rape! 5 abortions is nuts!!!!!!!! i still think about my abortion i had 9yrs ago(im 23) and it hurts me knowin that i killed an innocent child!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i think it is a very stupid idea..

i had to have one when i was 13 because i was raped by a 37 year old man...and even after me knowing i wasnt able to take care of a baby i still feel bad.u should never want to kill a baby for the fact of they didnt ask to be made..you make the choice to have sex and get pregnant then you deal with it..you take responsibly and step up and be a good parent..

now that i am 19 i still think about that day my mom made me have one...
    I am now about to have a babygirl and she will never go nowhere..

having to many abortions can make it to where you cant have kids if you didnt already know that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Its a personal decision...I don't think abortion is "right"...but I don't think it is always wrong to have one either...

though I do think that using it as a birth control method is wrong--it smacks of lack of personal responsibility and really I can't see that it would medically be healthy to have them repeatedly.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 10:23 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Lots of interesting answers. My point is maybe sometimes women go too far and use abortions as an escape from taking responsibility. There are many reasons as described above rape,health concerns, young teenager , drugs or just not being ready that I understand. However when is enough ,enough? Keep the answers coming ladies and thanks!!!
    thedies

Answer by thedies at 10:28 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i think abortion is WRONG!! i understand certain situations but its NOT the childs fault. theres always adoption. i myself was scared and was about to have one but then i started looking at pictures and ways they abort your child and i broke down and couldnt believe people do this to a baby that has feelings. istill to this day start to cry when i think i couldve done that to my child. plus i always think about what life wouldve been like without her and i just cant even do it because she is my life.
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 10:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I think that in order for us to make a difference in this issue you have to "put your money where your mouth is." Meaning, if you are going to say "have that baby" and she doesn't want to keep it...be willing to raise it. Seriously. If you want to say to another woman, don't have an abortion. Be wiling also to say "I will raise it for you." I believe abortion is murder. I am also willing to raise my childrens kids rather then them have abortions. Mistakes happen, rape happens, crap happens. We need to offer other alternatives in order to help women through this. Abortion is murdering a baby.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 21, 2008