Have you ever done this?

Today I wrote a letter to my dad that I do not plan to send, but man it put things in perspective for me. I truly loath my father. I just let the pen fly and 4 pages later I ended it with I'm done with you. I never realized just how much I kept bottle up inside and I think I'm going to slowly stop a father/daughter relationship with him. I know you do not know the back story, but there are many things he's done and things he's told me that will make you gasp at each one. Have you ever written a letter you never sent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• yep. quite therapeutic.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yes several sometimes u just need to let it out even if it is just u the pen the paper & the walls its a good theraputic task & helps a great deal
    hiswifey0725

Answer by hiswifey0725 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I did to my exhusband it gave me all the closure I needed because I was able to get out my frustration in a nonharmful way :)
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes a few times
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes i have done that with different family members and it helps alot the reasons i did it was because i knew my spoken words would go unheard anyways. It really helps to clear your mind when it's been bottled up for so long..... good luck with your choices and i hope everything works out for the best :)
    Sami_lue87

Answer by Sami_lue87 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes, it is very theraputic. It's like writting in a journal and you can either through it away or keep it to refer back to it. Good for you and I am glad it made you feel better
    blackqueen918

Answer by blackqueen918 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i have wrote a letter to my bio father and sent it to him told him he was worthless and would never amount to anything made me feel better
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 3:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Many many times, even to dead people. When I was in school I wolud right just the first letter of every word, so no one could read it over my shoulder, if I needed to vent at school.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 3:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes i have..but it's good stuff like that down & then get rid of it..write it down & rip it up..hope it made you feel better..
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 3:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My relationship with my father is much like yours. I wrote a letter to him after my son was born 6 years ago. I had full intentions of sending it but after writing it, I knew how he would react or rather his lack of reaction and I decided not to send it. It was quite therapeutic and it has made it a peaceful 6 years. My son doesn't know my father and for that I am quite grateful.
    travzmom

Answer by travzmom at 4:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2010