My daughter is 4 and very well potty trained... I am worried!!! What is wrong?

My daughter is 4yrs old... potty trained for over 2yrs now ! This morning at 1:30 I had to wake her because she had pooped herself and had no clue.
She woke up the other nite with tummy ache after she had already pooped herself while sleeping. But had a lil' diarrhea thru 1st half of day. So I knew she was just sick. This morning..,no tummy ache just clueless to what she had done!
Is this a "normal" thing or should I be as worried as I am that something may be wrong? I have 4 children from ages of 4-15 and this has never happened before. Should I wait to see if it happens again, or should I call her doctor right away. Theres no change in foods or anything. Othen than I recently took on babysitting some more kiddos. She is use to other kids, just not the ones her age~ of which I am caring for now!
If anyone has any helpful advice or can relate to the experience, I would greatly appreciate it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Health

• Sounds to me like she was a little sick, then probably overtired. I wouldn't panic yet. Give her a week to feel better and adjust. You're worrying, but it seems like probably two different things. Or even a little sick still the second time without realizing it. See what happens
    SnoWhiteImages

Answer by SnoWhiteImages at 10:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• It sounds like she may have actually been a little constipated. If they are constipated and a blockage occurs the body will automatically make diarrhea to try to get around the blockage. I bet she is fine now. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Try not to make a big deal about it, as it could create a fear for her.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Oh...you know what...I think I misread this. I was talking to my dh about it. He said "remember ours did that.." I do...our son didn't know he was ALLOWED to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. (Those were the days of go to bed and don't you get up again!) Make sure she understands that it is ok to get up to go to the bathroom in the night. And leave the bathroom light on.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2008