Who has had success with using clomid?

This month I will be starting on clomid and I was wondering how many people have got pregnant successfully using it and how many months it took you to get pregnant? I would also like to know if any of you had multiples from using clomid. And if you could please include your age when you got pregnant with clomid, that would be great. Thank you

slick05

Asked by slick05 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• My sister got pregnant at 29 wit quads. If you already have a group of children you may
    want to be very careful. Her Dr. kept uping her dosage because it wasn't happening.
    Too much med too many babes. Today they are all teenagers and healthy.
    By the way, we do have twins in the family.
    worrier

Answer by worrier at 11:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My doctor started me out on 100mg they usually start with 50mg. I got pregnant that month (one of the rare ones), but I also had an HSG (die test in uterus & tubes to check for blockages) which is also know to up your chances up to 3 months after b/c it can sometimes clear small blockages. I was put on clomid on the 3rd month after the HSG. I now have a beautiful DD that just turned a year this month.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 11:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• my sister in law used clomid and she is expecting just one baby in dec. She is 28. She was able to get pregnant bye the second month of taking it. Yes it can produce multiplys but i dont think its a extremly high chance. Good luck to you.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Thank you for your responses. I am not worried so much about having multiplies I think children are a great blessing and a true miracle. I was just curious how many people have had them. I am 36 and we have been trying for over a year to have another baby. I had an ectopic pregnancy in May. My doctor tried putting me on progesterone gel and that didn't help. Next step clomid. 

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I have had to use it with my previous children. I was on a high dose for 4 cycles each time before getting pregnant. I was in my early 20's. I hope it works for you, good luck.
    Anonymous

• So Clomid can help clear blockages of what?? or like blocked tubes or something too other than helping with getting pregnant?
    Anonymous

• anon 7:24 I am not sure what you are asking? Clomid is not to help clear blocked tubes? Clomid help you produce eggs.
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2008