While you were/are pregnant....

Did you feel like you lost that part of your brain that says "shut up now?" I will say whatever is on my mind no matter how hurtful it might be and it just slips. I feel like I have no control of it whatsoever:( I have said some pretty mean things which is not like me at all. I didnt feel this crazy my first pregnancy but this one I feel all out of whack!! Am I the only one?

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 10:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That's one thing I don't miss! It's totally normal for pregnancy hormones to dissolve the filter between your brain and your mouth! Mostly, people understand, but if they apprear to be offended by annything you say or do, apologize, and just move on about your day. It won't be the first (or last) time!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 10:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My hubby calls it the hormonal hysteria...really, though, its only been this last couple of weeks (I'm over baking now)...my problem has been more one of pregnancy induced amnesia, or as we call it, pregnesia.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 10:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I feel like that every day =] You're definitely not alone!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I started to get like this the first time around, but then I moved countries, and knew no one but my husband, so it's hard to be so up front with people you don't even know. I can tell that I would have been like this if not for that. I hope I don't get too bad later on this time around now that I'm more familiar with everyone and everything.
    Cheryn

Answer by Cheryn at 10:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• my SO calls it the green monster of pregnancy! i had trouble controlling my mouth before i got pregnant and when i was there was no stopping me! especially towards the end, i had a summer baby so i was so uncomfortable i just couldnt help it. he just ignored me though and knew it wasnt me it was the hormones!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• LMAO- my hubby thinks so- but I don't see it! No really, we are super hormonal and super sensitive- and yes, a bit defensive when neccessary. Just try to think before you speak for a while : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 11:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• At any given moment I feel like I cant rip someones head right off. I havent YET but its comming. (Only b/c I have been able to bite my tongue). I hate being moody its not me. I'm 11 wks and every week it gets worse, what will I be like at 35. Haha my poor family.
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i had that at the begining of this pregnancy and i think it was all stress related... i changed my hours at work so i could sleep in an xtra hour and miss the fun first of the morning rush - and it has helped so much.
    i felt like all i was doing was screaming for 4 months and turns out i was just overwhealmed
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My hubby calls it placenta brain
    fire_girl7281

Answer by fire_girl7281 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008