bumps on my nipple and they hurt? TMI adult content

ive been EP for 7 months now and all the sudden i have 2 bumps on my left nipple that are swollen and they hurt to be touched. any idea wat they r? and how do i make them go away?

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Milk blister / bleb is what I would say without knowing anything else.

"A milk blister, or blocked nipple pore, is also called a bleb or nipple blister, or simply "milk under the skin." It occurs when a tiny bit of skin overgrows a milk duct opening and milk backs up behind it. A milk blister usually shows up as a painful white, clear or yellow dot on the nipple or areola (see photo), and the pain tends to be focused at that spot and just behind it. " http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/nipplebleb.html

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 4:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• hmm maybe but it not where my milk comes out its more off to the side closer to were the skin of my breast is. but ill try that thanks.
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• A clogged montgomery gland?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would guess a clogged duct or gland, in either case heat will help. If it is a clogged duct massage and continued pumping will clear it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Are they white? Could be a milk blister... ow, I had one - hurt incredibly bad. Try a warm compress. Mine came at the same time as a breast yeast infection, so the antibiotics cleared everything up.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• nope its not white its just a big bump that hurts about the size of a pea i would say
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Sep. 25, 2010