Dollar Tree pregnancy tests

For those of you who have used a Dollar Tree pregnancy test, how soon could you tell i fyou were pregnant? I know some of the more expensive tests can predict up to 5 days before the missed period, but what about the Dollar Tree tests? I am supposed to start my period Monday or Tuesday, but wondered if a positive test would show up on a DT test today?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It should say on the box. I believe it's 5 days sooner. I think it should tell you either negative or positive today. Take it first thing in the morning.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• all three times i was pregnant i used dollar store prego test and they all showed me the results within a minute or less and one of my pregnancies was etopic so i was lucky that it showed on a prego test expecially a dollar store test
    hotmami2ajae

Answer by hotmami2ajae at 3:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-test-sensitivity-comparison.html

Here is a site that compares the tests and their sensitivity. If you are pregnant it should read it the same as any other test.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have mostly used Dollar store tests. The earliest it has worked for me (that I even tried) was two days before my period should have started. In my opinion they are just as accurate as the more expensive brands. And you can buy 5 of them and test the next five mornings and still spend less than you would elsewhere!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I was 4 weks pregnant when I got my light positive with a Dollar Tree store test. They worked really well any time I have used them.
    halliebug

Answer by halliebug at 4:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It should, though your odds are better every day that you wait. Good luck and baby dust.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 9:01 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• yea
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:27 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Well i got an answer to my own question. I was supposed to start my period on a Monday. I tested with a Dollar Tree test on Saturday and it showed negative. I tested again on Monday (2 days later) and it showed positive. I'm pregnant! Woot woot!! BTW, my cycles are only 25 days, so Monday for me was 3 weeks 4 days. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 8:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2010