Question for Tarot users

What deck do you use? Do you like certain decks for different readings? What resources have you used for learning to read the cards?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I use a Rune Card deck. Its the only one I've ever been drawn to so I've never used any other deck. And I don't rely on it completely. Often its just a way to get me started then its all just me and my intuition working.

As far as learning I've had mentors. Wiccan High Priestess and my husband.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I use a non-traditional deck called the Osho Zen Tarot.....Iused to have dozens of decks, but I don't really do readings anymore, I prefer a deck geared towards what i'm going through now and this deck is beautiful and perfect for me.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have a Mythic Tarot Deck. I think that's what it is called. It actually came as a kit which, I generally am not fond of. But, I have used it since I was 16 & I'm 27 now. I am on my third deck of this kind (don't ask, lol) & I'm hoping the 3rd time is the charm :)
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 3:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have the Well Worn Path deck and really like it. It actually came with a book to help you learn the cards, outlays and whatnot... But I tend to prefer to self interpret...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Sabrina, I just googled that deck, it is beautiful! I may look into getting one to supplement my current deck. My current deck is lacking in the energy department because I'm not as spiritually connected as I was when I was 16 & also have not used it nearly as much.

I wonder if the Well Worn Path may help me get back in the swing of things since it has inspiring images & only 40 cards. Only one way to find out!
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 4:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• my sister in law uses a fairy deck and she let me use it a couple of times and it is beautiful
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Bubba - it really is beautiful. It's very grounding for me because unlike some other decks it's simple. It's down to earth and not overly religious or busy... So many decks gave me a kinda "static" feel when I used them, they just had such a busy energy and although the art was beautiful, it was often overdone. This one is just more of a natural "homey" kind of feel...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have a Hanson-Roberts deck... my first deck ... seems to be the one that works the best for me.
    I also have a Manga Tarot deck.. rarely use it, but the art is amazing.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 11:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I use the Goddess Tarot deck, and have for years. It gives me the most accurate results. I think when a deck speaks to you, then that's the deck you use.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:08 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have a few different decks I use for different things I have a vampire deck, a traditional deck, and ancient egyptian deck
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:41 AM on Sep. 26, 2010