ANY INSIGHT ON THE BIRTH CONTROL MIRENA??

i just had my baby on the 13 of sept. and im looking to get a long term birth control. ive been on the depo shot before and it was horrible. so im thinking about getting the mirena. any insight before i make a decision.

king0913

Asked by king0913 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Health

• I'm going to get it when I have this baby. A few of my friends have and love it. I think one of them doesn't have a period since she got it. So far I haven't heard anything about the mirena. I was on depo too and it was a fricking nightmare.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 4:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yea- i was on the depo for about 3 yrs. and ihad so many problems, i felt like a decrepid old lady and had major migranes and body aches. when i finally got off it to have kids, it took me over a YEAR to get pregnant! i was so scared that i coulnt have kids because of being on that shot! but i finally had my bundle of joy and will never go back to that again.
    king0913

Comment by king0913 (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Every woman will experience something different no matter the method ;)

I have the IUD and LOVE it. But, I made sure to ask all the neccessary questions prior to getting it in the same day.

Look at the pros and cons betweeen the Paraguard (10) & Mirena (5)....

I bleed maybe once a month or every other month. Most of the time I need no tampons. But, I have a stash of light ones and some liners in case...I have had it almost a year and my OBGYN informed me that after a year I most likely will not see another period.

Scary :)
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 5:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have the mirena, I think I got it a couple months ago. I really like it. I spot randomly but not much at all. I agree with a pp, ask all the questions before you get it.
    ChaoticAtBest

Answer by ChaoticAtBest at 5:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2010