Do you encourage you child

To do what they can to stop bulling? In the news this morning, we had a 15 yr old boy shot himself in the bathroom. He had be taking alot of bulling and teasing because he was a special needs child. He was 6'3 and 300 lbs. They called him gentle giant. ..How sad. Many kids are now regretting parttaking in the bulling themselves. Please parents discuss this with your children. They might be victims or parttakers. My daughter made me so proud once said that she was in a club with a bunch of young girls and one of her friend made fun of another girl out side the club for falling when. She was teased. My daughter stood up for her and helped her up and said to her friend "HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF IT HAPPEND TO YOU?"
The girl replied fine you're not my friend anymore. My daugther replied fine I don't care!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• That is very sad! And yes I encourage my daughter almost every chance I can, not to bully. She is in kindergarten this year so we have already encountered a few instances where we had to go over what to do and not to do in a situation. She is a very loving child and she is also a very tough child. I can see her not judging any kid, I can also see her stepping up and makeing a stand for a child who is getting picked on. I really wish many other parents would do this we would have less violence in our schools. That poor kid...
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 10:48 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My 15yr old tends to stick up for kids he sees being bullied and has gotten in trouble for it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• good for yor daughter! I have a similar story, a little girl on the school bus had lice and her parents shaved her head (yeah I know) all the kids were teasing her saying she looked like a boy. My son sat by her and said "So what britney spears shaved her head and she is so rich!" LMAO how cute for a 7 yr old to say! I never thought britneys head shaving event would teach any child anything!
    Scarlet83

Answer by Scarlet83 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• always have been the underdog so I am big supporter of sticking up for the ones that can't, never participate in anything abusive or mean. Only encouraging and positive. I am soft hearted and can't stand to see anyone or anything mistreated and have suffered for it several times but in the end the abuser walked away with a new attitude about mistreating anything.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 5:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• The really sad thing is that the kids who do the most bullying are the ones with parents who dont believe their kids do that sort of thing. So then of course they dont get reprimanded for it. when I was young I got bullied a lot & 99% of the time nothing was done even when I went to teachers & complained. If I fought back myself I got in trouble. It does affect you terribly to be treated like that as a child. If I ever saw any of those kids on the street today as an adult it would be hard for me not to run them over with my car! I have also found lots of time the parents are like that too...A bully raising a bully. Where do you think they learn how to treat others? AT HOME!
    Anonymous

• Yeah your daughter inspires me! I always teach my kids to stand up for the underdog. I teach my kids to help others. It comes from you, charity, good will, honesty and fairness. All need to be taught at home.
    Kids need to keep busy, stop thinking about themselves. They need to get out and be mentors and role models. They need to learn this at home.
    It is true.. it is better to give than receive.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• What happened to the old saying "Do unto others as you would have done unto you"? Good for her! She has brains as well as guts. Everyone should not only be encouraged to do the right thing, but also to love and respect themselves.
    Goodthings

Answer by Goodthings at 12:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2008