if you are going to be rude don't answer.....too early???

So I took a pregnancy test this morning, because i've been nauseated, my boobs are extremely sore, to let water even hit them in the shower it hurts to take my bra off, I have had no cramping what-so-ever as if I am going to start my period like I usually do but I am still 8 days away, i had a headache for three days and it stopped and now its back, and i've been sleeping more than usual..so should I just wait and re-test if I miss my period, and then if it still shows negative go get a HCG blood level done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i would wait til your actually late and take another test unless the pain and headaches are too much for you then call the doc asap but if your tired honey get the rest its possible that you may need it later on
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• As a nurse many women have had false negatives, so if your mense does not appear do another test.
    thedies

Answer by thedies at 10:38 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'm not sure I read that correctly... You're still 8 days away from the date you expect to get your period? If that is the case, it is too early to get a positive home pregnancy test, and also most likely too early to have any pregnancy symptoms. I suggest you wait until the date of your expected period and test again. If it is still negative, give it 2 or 3 more days, and test one more time. If it's still negative and your period still has not arrived, give your doctor a call to schedule a blood test.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:39 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Way too early. Give yourself some time. I would say if you have symptoms this early they are PMS symptoms.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Pregnancy symptoms and PMS symptoms are all most alike sometimes,,wait tell you miss your period for a week then test...Women now days are to anxious to find out if they are pregnant now days. Your going to be pregnant for about 9 months,,Why worry if your 3 weeks pregnant...

Answer by louise2 at 10:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• 8 days early is too early to test. Most test reports up to 50% accuracy 4 or 5 days before. So even when you are 5 days early, it is not nearly as accurate. Also I agree, 8 days early is a little too early to even notice symptoms. Most of the time, morning sickness and the like don't occur until close to 6 weeks, which puts you about 2 weeks after your missed period. I don't mean to be patronizing or condescending, but is it possible that you want a baby so bad you are reading too much into PMS symptoms or maybe creating symptoms that aren't real?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i've never in my life had pms symtpoms ever....my boobs hardly ever get sore....but i did have a bylighted ovum pregnancy back in march and this is how i felt....so that is why i was asking...and as far as wanting one, yes i do and so do alot of other people but i've literally just gotten to the point where I am ready to break and say forget it and when it happens so be it... but thank you!! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2008