What are your thought's on interracial dating?

I know in this day and age it should be no big deal, but many people still have major issues with interracial dating. I believe people should be with whoever makes them happy? What do you think?

thedies

Asked by thedies at 10:36 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• I have been married to a black man(African-American) Man for 19 years. You should be with who you want to be with ,forget race

Answer by louise2 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I for one LOVE the fact that I'm in an interracial relationship (I'm white and my boyfriend is hispanic). I love that we come from two cultures that are the same yet different. I've introduced him to many southern home cooking foods, and he's introduced me to many popular Costa Rican foods. I know it's stereotypical...but he has a passion for life and love that none of the other guys I've known have. He places family above everything, and loves his mom so much. He has an awesome accent and speaks perfect english, even though spanish is his first language. He works very hard and is willing to do anything for me and our baby. I also love the fact that he's white, but he tans very easily :P

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:43 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't think it would matter what color the man or woman is , I think my husband would be offended if I dated anyone.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• (cont)

I've been with white guys...and none of them were as great as my current boyfriend. I think he just has a different set of values, that's all. I love that I'm set apart from the other people in my family, that I have a little bit extra to celebrate in my relationship. People can be mad at me or bash me all they want...but I'm happy being with my latino man and I'm damn proud of our relationship.

I think you should be with whoever you want, no matter what color his skin is! You might just find out something interesting about another culture or another race that you never would've known without him.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I honestly don't see how tis is still an issue. So my mind can't think past the fact that it still somehow is..course I can't seem to wrap my head around why it ever was.

Interalcultrual relationships are different though. I don't have any issues with it, but I do think that people should seek counceling before marriage or children if they are in an intercultural relationship. I've seen alot of marriages fail because of the differances in culture. Those differances are usually not as big of an issue dating, but in marriage...yeah, they come up. Infact my sil was raised christian, and in america...and her husband was raised stick muslim in Nigira....their personalities do reflect that, and it does cause strife and greif in their marriage.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I have no problem with it. I just have a problem with this question being asked EVERY day just about. Y ou can go to question and answers and read the answers there. Plenty have posted this question already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• then dont respond. if u keep reading it then move one..simple huh?...some moms dont see some questions. oh wait but im sure your questions are all unique and different
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i have no problem with it. its more common these days and people dont look at you differently anymore. what i dont like are illegal immigrants im sorry thats were i draw the line
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 10:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Nature LOVES interracial families. It strengthens the gene pool when introducing different races. As a member of the human race, I don't see any issues with it either.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Susied250 cute answer! Lol!!! Thanks anonymous2 many post are reasked because some mothers don't get to read it, there are thousands of moms here posting and you would have to go through pages and pages to make sure you did not re-post a question!
    thedies

Answer by thedies at 10:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2008