My doctor told me that Tea is bad for children because it blocks iron obsortion...

After knowing these facts Why would someone continue to give it to their child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in General Parenting

• Really?
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 10:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• The calcium in milk also blocks iron absorption, but are you going to stop giving them milk? LOTS of vitamins and minerals have "enemies"... that's why it's so important to make sure you eat foods from all the food groups.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• My kids drink tea and I have never had any reason to believe their iron levels were abnormal. I think the only time there is reason for concern is when iron levels are low to begin with. Also, drinking tea between meals does not affect it at all. We can find something wrong with everything if we look hard enough.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I never heard that about tea, although my 15 yr old dd loves her coffee and she will drink ice tea occasionally.
    HippyMomma39

Answer by HippyMomma39 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2008