If you get a flu shot what sre the chances of getting the flu?

I got my flu shot this pass Tuse and now I am sick as can be but no fever

TPT420

Asked by TPT420 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Health

• The flu vaccines used at this point do not contain live virus, so chances are it's not the flu. However, vaccines of any kind lower our immune system and leave us open for infections of all kinds. Chances are your immune system was to busy fighting off all the other junk in the vaccine to fight something else off and you got sick...

Makes you wonder what the point of paying for the vaccine was huh?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I don't know what the chances are but the few times I've gotten the flu shot I have had mild flu-like symptoms.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• On average, vaccines are 60% effective

Answer by rkoloms at 4:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• The flu shot only protects against certain strains and I don't know the percentage without trying to look it up. I would rather protect my kids from a few strains and lessen the chances of the flu since it can quickly turn to pneumonia in a child. Especially since my son is in public school and exposed to all of stuff. I like knowing I can scratch those off my list.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I started getting the flu shot last year and I have not been sick and to the doctor once in over a year. It is my understanding though that the flu shot does not cover all strains of flu or all illnesses, so it is possible to still get sick.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Flu shot does not cover all strains and your body may react to what was in the shot to make you sick.
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2010