Question about the EX

My ex and I have always gotten along. Even after we split. We were together for 4 years. I feel out of love so that's what happen to our relationship. He became more of a friend to me then a lover. Anyways, lately he has been talking to me on Sypee. He tells me I would look sexy in the costume I choose for Halloween. On top of wants me to go to a haunted house with him. He's married, I'm married. My husband knows I talk to him here and there his wife doesn't and she hates me for some reason. I'm thinking on cutting contact because I don't feel comfortable with him calling me sexy and pretty much asking me out. He's my brothers best friend to top things off. (He was my boyfriend before my brothers friend)
How do I address this to him? I told him no hitting on the married woman, but he doesn't get the hint.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Just be straight forward with him, tell him what you feel...maybe mention that you would feel more comfortable if his wife knew you two were talking and to not make it seem like he is hiding something from here, and stop contact with him. just dont talk to him and dont reply to messages and whatnot.
    I went threw something similar with my ex bf from highschool, we got back in contact, i was with someone he was married but we were hiding it from our SO so i told him i wasnt comfortable talking anymore and we went about a year without talking. now im on facebook and i looked him up and were friends on that and i feel more comfortable because when i do post something to his wall or about his status or something i know that im not hiding anything because his wife can see it. and i was honest about talking with him and its not a big deal. if conversations start to turn inappropriate we stop talking for a while. but its been nice.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Do you have children with him? If not I dont understand why you would have so much contact to begin with. I would cut contact, and be freindly when you see him when he is with your brother. In my opinion there is no reason a married woman should be skyping with her ex to begin with. And his wife doesnt like you because she feels threatened, and it sounds like she has reason to to me.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 4:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• NO I don't have children with him and we talk because we are friends and he helped me through some on my hardest times. Like when I was raped and he helped me get out of an abusive relationship.

mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Just to clarify I was raped my one man and I was in an abusive relationship with another. Both at differenrt times in my life.

mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would just cut off all contact. Avoid all of his messages
    MamaDawn0223

Answer by MamaDawn0223 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010