• In the Spotlight:

Why is it that one month my period is light and the next month I feel like I'm about to bleed to death????

I hate that. I can't leave the house without worrying that I may mess up my clothes. My sons (15 & 17) will make sure I have nothing on the back of my pants when I get out of the car. They're so sweet about it and not embarassed by it which is really sweet. Is it normal to be so irregular at 43?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Health

• I'm 27 and had a miscarriage last October. My periods have never been "regular." My husband and I got pregnant quite quickly with our one and only the very first month off the pill. After the miscarriage, one month my period will be quite light. Next month it's heavy with a lot of cramping. I'm not sure if it's normal. I feel for you!!
    Marybeth

Answer by Marybeth at 11:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Do you have both ovaries? I don't and one month is heavy and one month is light.

dancer33

Answer by dancer33 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I am peri-menopausal, and I haven't seen a period in quite some time...I don't think I'm done. It is genetic and so my mother was done around my age, a little older I think...I had to go on birth control for a while to stop them entirely, rather than undergo a hysterectomy. It worked. So as I said, anytime now, and I don't know if they will return light or with "guns a'blazing"... hope the former.
    bll1223

Answer by bll1223 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I've been like that before too. I wonder if it has anything to do with being pre-menapausal?
    CdandAJsmom

Answer by CdandAJsmom at 4:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My Mother started menopause at 44 and I'm 43. I hadn't thought of that but I guess that could be it! AAAAAAAAAA RRRRRRRRRRRR GGGGGGGGGGG HHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous