How can I get my clingy 5 month old used to playing on her own instead of being held? I need to clean, do schoolwork,etc.!

Stephanie L.

Asked by Stephanie L. at 4:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• at that age babies are clingy, I suggest getting a baby wrap so you can start wearing the baby, and getting things done while she is attached to you and getting what she needs from you.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 4:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• You are finding out babies take over your life. House work will just have to wait tell the baby is asleep. That goes for school work and anything else you want to do other then taking care of the baby.

Answer by louise2 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Does she do the walker yet? If so, she can follow you around while you clean and you can still interact with her. If not, have her in the same room close to you and interact while you do stuff. Wear the baby while you vacuum and sweep.

Enjoy these times while you can because once they are gone, there is no getting them back.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Im sorry to tell you but there isnt really anything you can do. My son was that way and it made it hard to do my school work and clean house he is 13 months now and is still the same way. Let me tell you if this doesnt change dont give up and stay in school. I ended up droping out because it was to hard and i really wish i wouldnt have.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 9:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2010