Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Daddy & I cant agree! Immunize or NOT to Immunize!!!!!??!

HELP! Our little baby boy is due in 5 days or LESS!! Daddy wants to keep it au natural, while I want the shots available for him asap. He's worried that I am making the biggest mistake of my life & I feel the same way for him! Any thoughts, suggestions,.. anything??!!

Answer Question
 
chelsblues

Asked by chelsblues at 4:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Kids' Health

Level 2 (6 Credits)
Answers (22)
  • This is only a decision y'all can decide together.
    itsallabtthem84

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • Also to add that you will get mixed thoughts on this here and it will only start drama.
    itsallabtthem84

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • Meet in the middle and do delayed or selective vax. Meet with a Ped who supports those practices and discuss a middle ground. See where you are after that.
    But_Mommie

    Answer by But_Mommie at 4:24 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • I agree. You guys have to sit down and talk about this together. maybe even talk to your doctor with both of you there. Do all your research together.
    mommy_of_two388

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • That sounds like a tough situation. Maybe consider doing delayed vaxing? Congrats on the baby and good luck with everything!
    DigiScrapperMom

    Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • Do your research, my husband was against shots with both of mine, but we went through with it with my first because I wanted to. Then I did my research, and wow, my husband was right. You can also compromise and delay vaccines, and be selective about which ones you use. Its a decision that will be best made by both of you, not just one of you.
    -LovingMamma-

    Answer by -LovingMamma- at 4:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • Did you not think of discussing this before getting pregnant with his child.

    louise2

    Answer by louise2 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • We delayed ours. We only did it when we thought it was time. You don't HAVE to do it right there at the hospital. Start researching and talking to your pediatrician. The more informed you and your partner are the more comfortable you'll be on making a decision.
    things_not_sane

    Answer by things_not_sane at 4:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • My besst advice.

    Both of you research together, share research with one another.. And come to a final conclusion or at least a workable compromise together.

    A joint resolution, or at least a joint compromise is your best way to go.
    pixie_trix

    Answer by pixie_trix at 4:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • Have you done the research behind both options? IF you have then you both need to present your case and see if you can find a middle ground. If not I highly recommend waiting until you have. There are risks and benefits to BOTH sides of the argument, and you can always vaccinate later, but once it's done you can't take it back. My children are completely vaccine free, however I would never discourage someone from making the choice they feel is best. I researched for YEARS before I had children, because of my own and family injuries from vaccines. You don't have years, but you can still make an informed choice...  You can Start Here  and make a point to Watch This... 

    SabrinaMBowen

    Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN