In shock need advice...

I am a proud mother of 2 little girls. I have a great boyfriend who is going to propose to me soon ( Waiting on the ring to get here). So here is my prob. I have been on birth control for about a year, I was early last month with my period, I was late on taking at the very most 4 pills. Not consecutively. I took them when I remembered. I had just had a conversation with my bf about having a baby. We decided that it wasn't the right time right now..... So now I took a pregnancy test because I was feeling like I was pregnant when the test came back positive that I am pregnant.... How am I going to tell him that I am pregnant? I do not believe in abortions or adopting out so that is out of the question... I just don't know how to let him know that we are going to have a baby....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Just sit him down when the kiddos are in bed and tell him straight out. BC fails all the time, it's not something you can control.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If he is as great as you say he is, then he'll be happy. No you didn't want anymore children now, but thats what happened, and it takes 2 to make a baby.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 4:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• You are just going to have to sit him down and tell him.

That's it.. What's done is done.. You can't change it now.

I would suggest this though. Maybe consider another form of BC in the future.. If you can, that is..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Just tell him the truth. Either way you are going to keep the baby, with him in your life or with out him in your life, right?
    "Remember that talk we had about waiting to have kids,,,,,,well, we wont be able to wait. OOPPs I'm pregnant,,,smile".

Answer by louise2 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Just come out and say it.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Sit him down after the kids are in bed to a nice dinner and come out and tell him. If he is as great as you say he is, then he would prolly automatically start trying to come up with financial solutions to the problems. I mean my husband has been by my side for three pregnancies now and with a fourth kid(still third pregnancy, had twins second one lol) he is still there when I need him to get diapers and stuff lol
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I agree with gottalovemal if he is as great as u say he is he will accept it and be happy about it, some things in life dont always go as planned but we always manage to find a way to get through it. My ds definately was a surprise to us but I wouldn't change him being here for the world. Although I am going through a divorce right now, both of my kids are what keep me going - it is meant to be or it wouldn't have happened. I have always believed everything happens for a reason, although we may not always know the reason. Good luck with everything.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• You are going to sit down and tell them. Ready or not there is a baby on the way! I was in the similiar situation with my DH. We had our little girl and both agreed we werent ready for another baby, but just my luck, I got Pregnant. So now my girls are 1 yr apart and the pregnancy was very hard on me. My mama just told me if you dont want another baby, dont have sex! plain and simple. Sure it sounds brutal but its true. After I had my second child life has been a breeze and i really enjoy both my girls and I love them with all my heart. When you sit with your husband you both need to understand that things happen for a reason and a new baby should be a joyous experience. This may just be a blessing in disguise! You can do this and youre not alone and i am pretty sure your BF will be excited!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If you're getting married, I imagine he'll be okay with it. These things happen, unless you're TTC, I'm not sure there is a perfect time to geet pregnant, ya know. I bet he'll be real excited!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 5:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have to agree with most. Just sit him down and tell him. Children are a blessing and you obviously know that to some degree since you won't abort or adopt out. I think he'll eventually be really excited about it, even if its not right away. You can also remind him that this one may be a boy! :o)
    nicenround

Answer by nicenround at 7:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2010