Me and my hubby are trying to have our first child bad thing is i have pcos and we have been trying for over 7months now does anyone one with pcos have kids that could tell us some of the steps they did that help them or something we are grabbing at straws for anything and i dont want to have to take meds for me to get preggo so anything anyone caould help me with would be great thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I looked it up, and while yes it mentions some medications, and this might be cause of my ignorance of the condition, but why not try to adopt? I mean I was in foster care and I know what it is like to have to go through life going through foster home after foster home wishing for a family that would care.

Anywho here is a link about what I mentioned

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/how-to-get-pregnant-with-polycystic-ovarian-disease/
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have PCOS and have one handsome healthy little boy. I was told I couldn't have any kids but was blessed with him. So it could happen. I don't have any tricks but just a tip to keep your faith. Good luck and I wish you the best

mum1

Answer by mum1 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have PCOS too. Our first was a surprise on birth control, 2nd took years of trying and 7 months on Metformin, and we've been trying for over 2 years again and I currently have an ectopic pregnancy. I've been on Metformin for the past 2 years and clomid for a few months. I will go back on clomid a few months after the ectopic is gone.

I know of PCOS'ers who take herbal supplements like chaste berry extract. I tried it, but it didn't work for me. Others swear by simple diet changes and exercise and some say acupuncture has helped them. Good luck! I hope it happens for you soon!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I went through tests and my Dr decided to test hubby to by old standards they would say he was sterile funny thing is he already had 1 daughter, they then put me on clomid which i took like i was told to and i bought ovulation prediction tests. i got a positive on the ovulation test had sex was not sure if it worked. i had to go back in they said my progesterone rose and that there was a chance i may be pregnant. i was with the first cycle of clomid. not everyone is that lucky and has to go to several cycles then a higher dosage of meds. they started me on clomid because twins,triplets ran in my family and it was the least likely to give me multiples at most they said i might have twins or triplets. but both times on clomid i had single births. good luck and i wish you the best.

sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We have thought about it and we did come to a agrement that if we could not conceive we would adopt and have even look into it, my mother was adopted as well so that was in my mind to from her i would be happy either way i just want to be a mother
    Ashley2015

Answer by Ashley2015 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have PCOS and we had trouble conceiving and carrying to term, but finally, we do have two girls. One's 12 and the other's 2. If you're unwilling to try meds, you are putting a huge limit on what can happen. I did conceive on Clomid (generic version). Metformin helps too, but I don't know much about that. Otherwise, get healthy. Lose weight. I lost 40 pounds and conceived baby #2 without even knowing or trying. Eat well. Exercise.

Look up PCOS and educate your self until you don't think you can take any more. Then go back. Learn some more. Doctors don't have time to explain everything in detail, so just have yours explain what you truly can't figure out.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Are you carrying extra weight? Is it nearly impossible for you to lose weight? Eliminate the white stuff/carbohydrates from your diet-bread, pasta, rice, crackers etc. They mess with your insulin and impact your PCOS.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have pcos, It took us two year and 2 m/c to get my son. I didn't really do much besides chart like crzy and use preseed. I dont have insurance so we couldn't do any testing. I was told that having my son would clear up my pcos, but I still have it and its been almost another year of trying for number 2 with another m/c. Its been just try try try for us. Hopefully you'll get there, its just a long road
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 7:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Do everything you can to keep your body healthy.. Take prenatals (they are good vitamins for women in general). Lose weight if you need to. Gain weight if you need to. Eat healthy and exercise. Then take it one day at a time.

Baby dust to you.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 9:00 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Prayer gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2010