Would this bother you,or am I too sensitive ?

We live in the mountains ,so some of my husband s family has put a small cabin on our property (in the woods).they come up on weekends. Well, my inlaws come up maybe once a month to visit "us". When they get here they go straight back to see the rest in the cabin..(they see them every day) they live in the same town in another state than us.Anyway they spend more time there than seeing their grandkids. ..When my family comes up they love spending their time with my kids. Do you think I am over reacting..it is just starting to irritate me.. Thanks to all for reading

Marinemom03

Asked by Marinemom03 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd just say, "The grandkids would love to spend time w/ their grandparents" and see how it goes from there. Dont say it in front of the kdis of course, in case you dont get the response you're hoping for. For everyone's sake, I hope they realize what they're missing out on and fit them into their schedule. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I always expect more from my family when they come to visit than I get. I've learned to adjust my expectations to reduce my disappointment. I need to be thankful for ANY time they spend with the grandkids because it could have been none.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Families are different.
    I think you need to make an effort to have everyone visit you at your place. Or you can go to the "cabin"
    To me it sounds like the cabin is a vacation and a get away. Your house may not be thought of as a get away but a house.
    I do not know if you understand what I am saying.
    Can't you be part of the "cabin" group.
    This would be an activity for your kids. Something for them to remember.
    JMO
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have inlaws that will visit with me when it is just us but in mixed company totally ignore me. It sucks but their loss!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• my mother says she feels closer to my kids cause they come from her own daughter not a daughter in law. so she kinda just feels that it is closer then when it's your daughter in law or son having kids. i can see where is coming from. so maybe his parents are feeling the same thing. i don't think it means they love them less. just that they are closer to the ones they live closer to. it's a shame. i would just send the kids there to hang out. like poster said you just say the grand kids wanted to see you,
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I go to the cabin but don't spend all day there because my kids would go nuts.also the ones in the cabin don't leave the cabin.Don't get me wrong we all get along.. Just my inlaws don't spend any time with the kids.they say hi when they come and bye when they leave thats all
    Marinemom03

Comment by Marinemom03 (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2010