my baby is suddenly only wanting to take half of her bottles....

she usually takes 5 oz and today she only takes a couple and then stops....shes not fussy...shes acting fine otherwise but its causing her to want to eat every hr and a half instead of every three and that has in turn screwed up her naps....whats the deal??......shes 10 wks

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• go with the flow... she knows what her body needs and how. It may be she's coming DOWN from a spurt... PERSONALLY... I don't believe in making babies eat on an ADULTS schedule but in following their own bodies rhythms... it does and WILL change quite a bit esp. in the first year.
    In a few she'sll be eating like crazy and sleeping all the time then switch off to a diff schedule....
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Maybe she is going through a little growth spurt or something.. That can cause a decrease in appetite.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• WHAT? not sure why the above poster would tell you such a thing. Growth spurts make them hungier, and eat MORE, not less! Lol I would still say babies are the best at knowing how much they want, if she is otherwise doing fine I wouldnt worry too much. Maybe she is teething and eatting hurts her mouth? But she isnt fussy so that may not be it. Im not sure but if she is happy then she is ok.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2010