At what age do kids

start getting out of bed to pee & out of pull ups or diapers? can't wait for this stage!

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Depends on the child really.

My son was potty trained a few weeks after his 1st birthday.. Really by his doing.. LOL By that time, he had progressed to the point that he would take of his dirty diaper and let us know he needed to change.. LOL So, we went with it and potty trained him.

Some kids get to the point that "they" don't want to be in dirty diapers/pull-ups whatever at an early stage. Some hit that point at a later stage..

Hang in there.. This stage to will pass, and a new exciting stage with it's own frustrations will be upon you.. . :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Depends on the kid. I will say 2 on up, depending on the kid.

Answer by louise2 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• my daughter started at 2.5 when she was getting potty trained.. when she was in pull ups 9 out of 10 mornings she'd wake up dry..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My almost three year old son is still in diapers, so it depends completely on the child.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My son is now 25 months, and been peeing in the potty since about 22 months. But his body must not be ready for the wake up and pee part. Because he wakes up wet in middle of night still at about 4a.m. However he does drink a few more oz of water then and when he wakes up again at 7 or 8 he is still dry. I can't wait for that either. Comes with time and the boy's maturity.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Wow I feel like a slacker. My girls are 4 and are daytime trained. I always put a pull-ups on at night. MY girls never have accidents in the day. That is when I consider them trained.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would say when they are trained during the day.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 8:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2010