parenting is for the birds

well I know I'm gonna get bashed from hell to breakfast for this but I finally ripped everything off my daughters wall and thrashed her room I blew up cause she smacked herbrother realy hard across the face and then she started badgering me and my her dad and back talking to us,she wasn't apologetic but really out of her place. I feel bad for ripping her room apart the way I did and going off the deep end,but hey I didn't lay a hand on her and I for sure am never gonna take her crap again or anyone else for that matter. I've tried to be a good mom to all my kids, my boys don't act like her at all I don't understand what I'm doing wrong why does my daughter continually misbehave,why does she think its okay for her to take everyones things for herself and then be so mean and nasty when they do it to her? I've tryed to teach my kids to respect, and to love each other nothing works so what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• May I ask...................

How old is your daughter?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Is she going through puberty?

Answer by louise2 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yeh... age would have a lot to do with how this should be handled.... if she's older, i'd say take her back to the basics. a bed. thats all that is needed in her room. white sheets. nothing "fun"...... why should she have nice things when she can't respect others?
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 5:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• she is 13
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 5:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• 13....ahhh welcome to puberty!!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• MY 15 yr old son never put me through this,is it just a female thing?
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 5:24 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• That's the culprit, she is 13?  Pubrety.  Girls go mad  at that age. 

Answer by louise2 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would have to say teaching her respect is hard when you are losing it. It might be a great time to start from scratch with her. but I think you need to make sure you are calm when you do it. I agree with taking things from her room but not in quite the manor you did it. It is hard when you are so mad to step back and teach at that point. Good luck and stay calm we were all 13 once and managed to survive making out moms nuts.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• How long should I keep her room empty I mean there is a few things in there I ripped apart her posters her walla are bare made her dad take the computer out I thrashed the tv I really lost it with her I told her I don't get how she can be such a pain the butt and act like this she gets way more than anyone else in the family especially when I see her trying so hard and doing so well in school but then she just screams in our faces and thinks she can do whatever whenever she wants and hurt whoever she wants. NOOOOO this isnt happening anymore she will have nothing but school homework and housework for a long time. She is nowing calling her brother a stupid a$$ and saying everything is his fault. What should I do?
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 5:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Honestly, it sounds likes like your dd is having some emotional issues. It's more common for girls because girls tend to be more emotional than boys. I suggest talking to her about if she is being disrespectful because she is angry,jealous, ect. and then teaching her the right way to handle those emotions.That way it will help you connect with her and find out why she is doing this. I think you did the right thing by stripping her room, just next time try not to blow up. Good luck.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010