Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup anyone?

Old friend of my husbands, while stationed in san diego, made some homemade chicken noodle soup one night and brought us some and it had pasta noodles in it, diced chicken, etc.

ANyone have an SPECTACULAR recipes close to this?

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 5:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I use a rotissori chicken deboned and diced, canned chicken broth, diced onions, garlic, celery, and carrots as the base. You can add peas, potatoes, etc... whatever you like. After all of that boils for about 45 minutes, add your pasta/egg noodles, and boil an additional 15 mintues to cook pasta/noodles. Just be sure not to add too much because it will swell with it cooks. If you add too much you will have a stew/casserole instead of soup. =P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Chicken soup is easy.
    Boil the chicken tell it is falling off the bone. (can use crock pot)
    Debone it. Season the broth put noodle in it. Let it cook tell the noodles are done.
    You have chicken noodle soup.

Answer by louise2 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• There's no trick to making soup. I boil a whole chicken, cook it and take it off the bones; the carcass makes an amazing stock. Add diced chicken, chopped onion, sliced or diced carrots, peas (the last 15 min of cooking) and FROZEN noodles (they're hearty and taste homemade). For seasonings I add bay leaf, celery salt, poultry seasoning or sage, sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 5:24 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• In my house, we call it "dump soup" or "stone soup", because I dump in whatever I've got and it's usually never the same twice.

If I do it the lazy way I use leftover or rotisserie chicken. If not, I toss a chicken in the crockpot with an entire box of chicken broth and cook it on low till it starts to separate. Then I strain the broth, remove the fat, bones and skin, teat up the meat into chunks and add it back to the crock with whatever veggies are on hand - carrots, peas, celery, potato, corn, onion, and LOTS of garlic. I also might add a little chile powder or Emeril's essence and black pepper. It can sit in the crock most of the day then.

About 15 minutes before dinner, I boil some egg noodles separately, drain and add them to the soup.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Sounds about what I recall his being like!
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2010