I have the DYE, now what?

2 of my husbands uniform pants gort some paint on them a few months back and cannot get it out...

anyone have any tips to get paint out OR how to dye them properly? Never dyed before in my life and I have the exact colour for the pants..

and, after I dye them, how do I make sure not to get it on anything else if I accidently wash them with other clothing items?

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 5:20 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Dye will not stick to the paint.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• if you dye them...you might have to wash them by hand in case of leakage but you will know if there is any leakage from the first time of washing them. tell him to make sure if he wants them washed, to NOT put them with the rest of the dirty clothes.

i dont think anything can get paint out of clothes. i know acetone will work best, but no one can garantee it can will come out with that. acetone is also in nail polish remover so if nail polish remover doesnt work, nothing will.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I think I would just try to pick it off. Maybe use a razor blade. Dyeing is probably not going to work, because the part with the paint is going to dye different than the rest. I think it is time your husband is more careful. Changes his clothes before playing in the paint.
    That is why they make paint pants. Paint looks good on them and professional painters are usually without paint spots. Amazing.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2010