12 days till baby.....Anything i need to know or should expect?

having first child in less than two weeks curious what i might not know already?

rachel66

Asked by rachel66 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• have lots of diapers ready, expect no sleep, but do take naps with them when ever they do. diaper cream is a must.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• expect to hate your body right after you deliver. but dont worry, it wont look that way for long.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Have ur bag packed. Remember breathe in through ur nose out through ur mouth during each contraction. Don't be afraid to ask for an epi. Get as much sleep ss possible before bby getshere.
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• pain....lots of pain when your water breaks and the same with the two replies before
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 5:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• In the hospital get as much rest/sleep as you can because when you get home you won't be getting much. Also, your housework can wait, sleep when the baby sleeps. If someone offers to help don't be too proud to accept it, let them do the housework/laundry/cleaning while you take care of yourself and the baby.

Good luck and congratulations :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 5:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Once baby is here the first couple weeks are the easiest, then reality sets in LOL You will be up about every 2 hrs around the clock for their tiny little feedings. Your hormones will plummet after birth, so be prepared, post partum can be crazy bad...was for me. I advise to take the zoloft if you can't get it together ( I am talking crying crying crying....for no reason LOL It's almost hysterical but at the time sucks). If you are using disposable diapers, stock up LOL They poop almost every time they eat LOL Take a premie, newborn and 0-3 month outfit to the hospital. My son's were both in the 7 pound range and wore premie outfits for a couple weeks. My first son had a 0-3 outfit that was TOO big that it was hysterical when we took him home. And most of all, good luck. It's a roller coaster of a ride of a lifetime. And it's awesome!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• When you give birth to your first child you will have a feeling you have never felt before! It's amazing seeing your child for the first time!! Make sure you gets lots of rest before hand and go have a nice quiet evening with your husband or family! Being a mother of 2 is the best gift God has ever given me!! I love it! Even in the first few weeks having lack of sleep I still loved it! Good Luck and Congratulations!!
    maryevans

Answer by maryevans at 5:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• if you are like me, after your baby is here you will just want to hold it and bond with it...either alone or with your SO....so if you feel like not having visitors just tell the nurses and they will take care of it for you...i had NO IDEA i would feel that way until after my DD was born but i was not up for company at all...dont be badgered by BF Nazis, it is your choice and if its too hard or not working and you want to give up, DO IT...your baby will still grow up to be a normal human being...its normal for newborns to not pass the hearing test the first time so dont worry if that happens...once youre home dont keep things silent just because baby is sleeping...if they get used to sleeping thru the normal household sounds from the beginning it will make things easier later.....congrats!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 6:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• sleep now, because before u know it, u wont be doing much of it anymore- also, take advantage of the nursery at the hosptial I KNOW u want to be with your baby allllllll the time when its first born.but that rest at night will make a huge diff when u get home and there isnt much help! OHHHHHH and this also sounds wrong, but My hospital gave them to me- ask for an extra nose bulb, and take as much formula home as u can, I would bag 4 for ever 1 I woul feed- I also asked for extra bottles, nipple sheilds, and diapers- They had NO problem giving them to me!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 6:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• oh! and someone told me this once and its ssooooo true....your life will change forever in a fraction of a second, nothing will ever be the same again but YOU WONT WANT IT TO BE. Things will be really really hard sometimes but even in those moments you wont want to change a thing. .......and no one ever told me this but you DO actually have to get to know your baby and FALL IN LOVE with your baby...it is love at first sight but only to an extent...there will be a time when u look at ur baby and think...who are you?? and that is OK!! it wont take long for you to fall head over heels in love...just dont feel bad if you dont feel that IMMEDIATE CRAZY CONNECTION!! its normal but a lot of ppl dont talk about it or admit to it... GL! and congrats again!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2010