Need job advise please

I am looking for a job that I can do at home or very short hours, I can't afford chid care right now. Anyone have any suggestions ? I am trying to help my hubby out and take some of the strain off him, we are making it but have no money left over for anything else and Iwant to do something with my time to help. Thanks !!

countrygirl06

Asked by countrygirl06 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• Can you work any overnights? Can youwork something short at McDonald's? Gas stations are always looking for someone not sure what else you could have in your area Burger King
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• What about weekends and evening when he is home. Or do child care from home, pet sitting in other peoples homes.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• what about watching someone's child?
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 5:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• How about working opposite shifts/days? My husband and I did that for a few years.. Not all that fun.. But it got us through.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:52 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• He works nights and works weekends so thats out. And we don't have a Mc Donalds or anything like that out here, he really doesn't want me to work but I want a bit of extra money in case our car breaks down or something like that. We live in a really small town in the middle of nowhere so there aren't many jobs out here. My hubby drives almost an hour to get to work.
    countrygirl06

Comment by countrygirl06 (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I currently work from home owning my own business. When I got laid off in April of 2009, I wanted to stay home so I could keep my 3 yr old son with me but still contribute to the household. I know when I was looking into things, I found out A LOT of stuff out there is just scams. I would suggest into looking at the Better Business Bureau to make sure the company is legit!!! I would hate for you to be scammed.

I wish you best of luck!! :-)

Alyssa M.

Helping Moms Work From Home

http://www.4theloveofmyfamily.com/

alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If you're interested in working from home, I can tell you more about starting your own Mary Kay business! With Mary Kay, I earn 50% on everything I sell and get to hang out with the girls and have fun, spend time with my family, work whichever hours I want, and earn money while doing it! Get in touch with me if you're interested in learning more!!
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 11:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• When you find that you want a REAL JOB from home go to homecareersuccess.com

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:22 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have some ideas and opportunities in my Blog: Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:14 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to http://www.ivaa.org/ , http://www.iavoa.com/ , http://www.vanetworking.com/ ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of m

Answer by rkoloms at 10:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010