Campbell's soup

Is it just me or has campbell's soup got more salty over the years? I haven't had their chicken noodle soup in years but did today because I am sick and didn't want to make some from scratch. It was so salty that I couldn't even finish my bowl... I don't remember it being so salty.

justduckie_mom

Asked by justduckie_mom at 5:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It's not just you that has noticed that. I think it is salty to and I'm a salt lover. Don't know what they are doing to it.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i love campbells soup. i add more salt to mine. love salt
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I've noticed that too. I quit buying it. So I've started making my own soups. Which at times I don't want to cuz I get lazy lol
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• They are all supposed to be lowering the salt in them and sometimes I think that when we haven't had something for a while it does taste saltier
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes, I can't drink the broth. The only one I've had that's worse is Lipton's!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have trouble enjoying these as I get older too - I think it's because I am eating more healthy and I am just not used to the salty processed taste as much anymore. Some things I can still have, like Mac n cheese. But certain frozen meals that I used to love are just gross to me now. Same with ramen - ick.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:43 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• no its not just you they are very salty and thats why I stopped eating them all that sodium is not good for you so I eat progresso
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 3:15 AM on Sep. 27, 2010