Any of you ladies hunt w/dogs ???

I'm writing a vampire story. I need to know how a dog acts when on the hunt. Detail it up ladies ... I'm looking for something I can visualize !!!

Fanged_Orchid

Asked by Fanged_Orchid at 6:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• What kind of dogs are you talking about? Pointers? Retreivers? Scent hounds?
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 6:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Anything ... I need to know how dogs act when on the hunt.
    Fanged_Orchid

Comment by Fanged_Orchid (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• The different types of dogs move in different ways. Scent hounds and pointers will begin by going out in front of their master and will make a wide zig-zag pattern while searching for a scent. Pointers (at least with bird hunting) will follow the scent and when they find the scent, they will lock on and stay very still, straight backed and wait for a command to throw the birds they've found up. Scent hounds will usually let it be known with a good bellow when they've come upon the scent they're looking for.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 8:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2010