USMC baby classes

My husband is in the Marine Corps, stationed at Camp Pendleton. I just found out I am pregnant. I am wondering if there are any classes we can take before this baby comes, that is covered through tricare/united concordia?
If not we would still like to take some kind of classes, any suggestions?

juliagulia0210

Asked by juliagulia0210 at 6:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Most hospitals have different birthing classes that are free. They often have other classes as well for breastfeeding or things of that nature. Look into your near by hospitals.
    cheeres

Answer by cheeres at 6:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My insurance didn't cover our classes, but they were only $60 or so. We aren't military, so I don't know how that changes things.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 7:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• you should check out your family support center (maybe called something different for the marines) we are air force. Tri care actually made me take a pregnancy orientation class for my second child because we didnt have an OB clinic at the base we were at and had to pick a civilian provider. Our family support centers usually provide a new parents class and give you a small gift basket, they also have a lactation consultant that will come to your house after baby is born. i am pretty sure they offer lamaze and stuff like that at the hospital as well.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• MWR offers classes- like daddy bootcamp and first time parenting classes. Check with your family support center and ACS to. and some bases have home nurses that will come to your house and help for up to 3 years.
    renijazzysmom

Answer by renijazzysmom at 9:58 AM on Sep. 26, 2010