Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Child complaining of testicle pains(burning) and wetting on himself.

My 5 yr old has been complaining about his testicles hurting and burning and for the last couple of days he has starting have accidents that he doesnt even feel till he's wet. I've been giving cranberry juice incase of UTI but it definetly has me a tad concerned. He sees the doc Thurs but just like having ideas to bring up to the doc if nothing if found. Its crazy bc we dealt with this last yr around the same time and a Chiari Malformation Type 1 was found bc they thought he was having some sort of siezure bc the wetting.

Answer Question

Asked by Vannahj5 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Health

Level 3 (21 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Why do you have to wait until Thursday to see a Dr. I would want him to be seen sooner.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 6:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • My son had that problem when he was younger (he is 6 1/2 now) The doctor tried to take a urine sample but my son would not give one. He had recently been sick with a stomach bug so the doctor thought it had something to do with that. Has your son been sick recently?

    Answer by dlshaner at 6:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • UTI anyone?

    Answer by CandyHorse at 6:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • Do not wait until thursday. Testicle pain is not normal. He needs to be seen before then. It could be twisted causing loss of blood supply, or be infected, or have an inflammed prostate which is extremely painful.


    Answer by karamille at 6:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • I agree with Karamille........If at all possible take him to the ER now to see what's wrong. Poor little guy and bless your heart for having to see him suffering. That's not easy for a mom........


    Answer by zbee at 6:52 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • I would take him ASAP. If the doctor is not available, I'd take him to the ER (and if you knew me you'd know how urgent I find this, as I am NOT one to take my kids to the doctor for every blasted little thing). Testicle pain is NOT comman and as another poster said, if it is twisted it can very VERY serious. I'd rather go to the ER and find out it's only a UTI then wait and find out it's something more serious.

    Answer by layh41407 at 6:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • I would go to the dr. ASAP! I have to watch my son for these type of problems due to a possible tethered spinal cord, which I wouldn't have even brought up but since he already has a chiari malformation it is a larger possibility. Around age 5 is when the symptoms of incontinence can appear with pain in the lower back which can go into the groin area. This is a lower spinal cord abnormality. I would not wait until thursday!

    Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.