Do you shop at places where you can buy in bulk?

We only have a Sam's here and I love it when I go there. I have been trying to go there more often, but it's like a 45 minute ride one way, worth it though. I love buying stuff in bulk and not having to worry about it for a while.

luvmy4kidsinAL

Asked by luvmy4kidsinAL at 7:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Shopping

• Yes I sure do and love it. I could never buy at a reg store what I buy at Sams for the price I pay. Love it
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 7:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• No. I've never found a place around here that sells in bulk... But I would depending on the item... I mean some things just don't need to be bought that way - watermelon for example - but I would gladly by TP or something that way!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yup we love Sam's too. there is only one Costco in the state and its just too far away to justify a membership. Our sam's is about 40 minutes away, and we go about 1x per month.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Sabrina, I can buy toiler paper there and not have to worry about it for 3 months or so, same as for cleaning products and paper towels...I love it!! Too bad you don't have one. I agree on the fruit/produce, it has to be week by week, lol.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Comment by luvmy4kidsinAL (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• With a family of 7 bulk is the only econimical way for us to shop.  We have a Costco membership and buy almost everything there except some produce.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We have a BJ's & Sams Club. We go to either about 2 times per year. The stuff lasts about that long :) I get things like TP, Q-tips, Laundry det. and things like that. Definitely a money saver in the long run.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 7:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We're only a family of 3 (plus cat), so bulk doesn't really work for us. We don't eat a lot of meat, I prefer to get my produce at the farmers' market, and we really don't use that much paper products. However, when my parents visit, we do take a trip to Costco (because they're members and we're not). I'm not going to refuse if they're offering to stock us up on things like soap, snacks, etc. ;)
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 3:21 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Our family of 4 and 3 cats are not members of a wholesale club. Its far away from our house and we wouldnt really be making any difference by buying in bulk. I like shopping to I enjoy all my trips to the store...gets me out of the house or a little bit right?!
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• no cause we would have so much go to waste!!! its only me right now (hubs is over seas) and when he gets back we will havea little one here but shes goin to be breast feed....
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 11:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• yes....SAM's its pretty cool
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 7:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2010