Why do people care about troll posts so much?

I don't understand why people get so up in arms when a suspected troll has posted something. I find it quite humorous when people start name calling and actually continue to reply or "call out" a troll. WHY? It's not like CNN will be sent in to uncover the mystery.

Miss-Baby-Baker

Asked by Miss-Baby-Baker at 7:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Some people just don't like liars and fakes.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Because the "troll" gets in the way of the conversation or debate. Join in or just read, but don't just make rude annoying comments meant to disrupt the flow of the conversation.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• But the thing is, even if someone is writing a fake post, it shouldn't affect someone to the extent that they fuel a post that should have been read and taken with a grain of salt. By going around and using up energy hating on some fake posts is like chasing feathers in the wind.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Comment by Miss-Baby-Baker (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i agree, i dont think it really matters.
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My ex keeps talking about "trolling a troll". Wasn't sure what it meant but it sounded like a waste of time and energy to me.
    awesomedeity

Answer by awesomedeity at 6:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2010