how do you keep your house clean?

Mine I can clean top to bottom and the next day it is like I haven't cleaned in weeks. How do you clean your house and keep it clean? Do you clean the whole house everyday? Do you clean one room a day? Do you the whole house once a week? My cleaning day is every Sunday and then the rest of the week I just straighten up the house, but it isn't working to well. I have gotten rid of stuff we don't need or don't use and it doesn't work

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Step on: Log Off Cafemom...

I'll tell you when I get to step two...

lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Love the first answer, sorry you got a vote down, that person really doesn't know how to take a joke.

& to answer the question, I clean about two hours daily.. But I have OCPD. So thats my own little issue. All my really heavy cleaning is down on Monday or Sunday..

& I make my child clean up his own messes & help out around the house.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• How do you keep your house clean
    ...not very well!

I am the crappiest house keeper ever!! I really should fire me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Ladies - Ignore the down vote! I have a stalker... Just about every answer I post gets a down vote... Regardless of what it says...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Step on: Log Off Cafemom...

I'll tell you when I get to step two...

lol!

Why did this get voted down there was nothing wrong with it

Because Some mommies here on cafemom can't take a joke.. You know Ha Ha Ha. I think everyone should go ahead & vote up the first answer. bc she rocks.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Give everyone jobs, don't take it all on yourself if you have able bodied people in your home that can help out!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yet another thing my mom did not teach me very well! lol
    i spend about 30-45 minutes daily just picking up clutter and straightening the house, plus cleaning one room of the house. but i live in a tiny apt.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If you take it out, put it back, if you dirty it, clean it, if there is dust, wipe it down. Not always easy but this helps me to keep it in order pretty much.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 7:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• flylady.com
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 7:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have a CLEANING day too, once a week where I do the deep cleaning, dusting, etc. and by the time that day gets here, you can tell it. I try to stay on top of most things, keep the kids stuff tidied and make them help by picking their things up as that seems to be most of the mess, do that daily so it doesn't pile up. I do laundry daily, sweep daily, dishes about every day, every other day(we have a dishwasher so when it's full, we run it). I deep cleaned Wednesday and right now things are still looking o.k other than toys. I did a load of laundry today and got it put away and ran the dishwasher and got those put away. I guess just tidy up as you go throughout your day. Good Luck!!
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 7:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2010