Why do you persist in trying to change my mind?

Especially the way you are doing it, mudslinging, being rude, just disrespectful in general. What is most annoying is that noone is really addressing the issues in their " VOTE FOR MY CANIDATE" so called questions. Why can't you just tell me why I should vote for your canidate instead of why I should not vote for the other guy? Give me some real reasons and it could sway my vote, but mudsling, and I will not.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i think a lot of those "questions" are aimed at undecided voters, people who aren't totally committed to a candidate. if that is the case i'm not sure why supporters(from whichever side) feel the need to post "questions" like the ones you're referring to.
    why not just write a journal about why your candidate is awesome/why the other candidate is crappy and be done with it?

i just don't get it.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I think maybe they have too much time on their hands. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I think some people get off on starting crap between the two parties. Like...literally get off. Some of the anonymous posters are probably really creepy old men that love watching women bitch at each other, so they post mean or hateful things in order to start shit haha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• .. because most in most debates, the end "point" is winning, or making so complete a statement that it cannot be refuted. I agree strongly with your opinon that debate should not be rude.
    If someone were to tell me that they were voting for mccain/palin because of their stand on the issues.. perhaps they make aver 250,00 a year and do not want their taxes to be raised..legitimate.
    (continued)
    TomatoLeaf83

Answer by TomatoLeaf83 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I, however, am on the lower end of the income spectrum, and unmarried. So most likely, I will be looking to my state/government to help provide my child with what any other parent would like to.. health insurance, a decent public education. For instance, the cost for an uninsured woman to have a baby in RI is about 22,000 dollars, and that is just for the brief hospital stay and birth only.
    If there was to be a FREEZE on spending in my state, further funding that I and my child would need would be put on hold.
    (continued)
    TomatoLeaf83

Answer by TomatoLeaf83 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Secondly, I would like to go back to school. So that with a degree I could get a job that could provide a LIVING wage, without depending on the "system" for my whole life. I understand wanting to keep what you earn, I would love that too. But I would also love the opportunity to make earning at a decent job a reality for myself as well. I don't have parents that will pay for me to go to school, and there's no going to school if you can't afford child care.

That is how you voice an opinion without being ridiculous and rude. )
    TomatoLeaf83

• Vote for McCain if you want to keep your money and your freedom.
    Anonymous

• True mudslinging is never going to help. I am thrilled though that by information given to real-life people they where able to see the facts and vote according to what they now know.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2008