What do you put in kids lunch boxes?

With the schools not allowing the use of mics/refrig what can I put in their lunch boxes so that they are not eating the same old bland sandwich....

The thing is they dont like veggies.

sam223

Asked by sam223 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My kids take soup and spaghetti in a thermos......also hot dogs! If you pour boiling water in a thermos then put in the hot dog it cooks it and keeps it warm till lunch time. We also freeze go-gurt yogurt and it normally thaws and is still cold at lunch time. They've taken cold fried chicken, lunchables, sandwiches, apple slices, yogurt, pretzels, carrots, bananas, granola bars, raisins. Just think about what you give him/her at home and put it in their lunch box with an ice pack.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• if you use ice packs, you could send some chilled stuff. i send hummus and pita a lot..... make some homemade pizza and send that.... (kids don't need hot pizza. lol!).... my kids love veggies, so i send those. lol. sorry.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 7:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Lunchables with an ice pack
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I bought my kids each a blue ice so their lunches stay chilled. But they like the same thing pretty much every day, which is good for me.

DD takes a thermos of milk, PBJ sandwich, a fruit, and goldfish or pretzels.
    DS takes a thermos of juice (diluted) ham slices, cheese cubes, Wheat Thins, and a fruit.

It's not exciting, and I've tried to jazz it up, but we always come back to this. They like it; they eat it; and it's easy for me.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• a hot/cold thermos will open you up to left overs and soup or pasta.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Carrots are good, ours love pb&j's, bagels w/cream cheese (We use ice packs) tuna, apples w/pb, yogurt, granola bars, ham & cheese sandwiches, almost anything, even salad!

mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 10:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Sandwich, chips, fruit snacks, juice. fruits
    Sassy762

Answer by Sassy762 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• you can make tuna salad, egg salad, chicken salad sandwiches or casseroles,
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 3:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2010