What do you think about this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/27287363#27287363

After watching the video, come back and share your views on what is happening in this country. Oh, and be sure to add in if you are pro-america, or anti-america. Thanks for sharing.

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 11:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i don't know, i live in a pretty pro-america area(rural town in south carolina) but i watch the daily show, drink lattes and am voting obama so i suppose that makes me anti-america.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:34 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Heatherama...lol. That's the way my boyfriend and I feel. I was born and raised in NC, but I'm voting for Obama, so according to the logic of certain people that makes me anti-America. *sigh* This election stuff is taking so much out of me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:43 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't think the right has an exclusive claim to patriotism or being proAmerica. I don't think dissent is anti-America, or anti-American. The 'love it or leave it' attitude is in and of itself very undemocratic.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• What's your definition of "pro-America?"

I think Abraham Lincoln would be ashamed of this country right now. He fought a war to prevent it from becoming separated. NOT to stop slavery though he believed that needed to be stopped. The Civil War was over secession. Now many members of his party would undo what he accomplished.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Well, I've always considered myself Pro-America. My husband and my brother are in the Navy and both my parents were in the military. I love American history, I fly a flag on my house. I always make sure I learn about the issues and vote. I believe in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for ALL. BUT....

I watch The Daily Show, I drink Chia every morning instead of coffee, I grew up just outside of Philadelphia instead of in the country, I'm not a Christian and Hubby and I are voting for Obama. So... I guess by some people's standards, I am Anti-America.
    craftyleah

Answer by craftyleah at 3:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't know..I just found out today I'm not a real American because I'm a liberal. I'm confused.
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 8:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• It's liberals like this news commentator that had the "Pledge of Allegiance" taken out of our schools. And HE calls himself an American? I think not! I could ONLY watch a few minutes of his nonsense opinion of Sarah Palin. I believe in the fundamentals of what this nation was founded upon & it is headed in the wrong direction!
    Anonymous